Monday, August 12, 2013

The 5th Month

It's Time to Rock and Roll!...and maybe sleep some more!

 
Logan began his official rolling on August 5th!...exactly 5 months old! For several months now he has been rolling up on his side but never made the final push to end up on his belly. The process of rolling over was accelerated when we decided to implement a hard core "cry-it-out" approach to nap and bed time. I would have loved to start this a month or two ago but the summer has been filled with so much travel, allergy out breaks, and craziness that we have hardly had any consistent time at home to establish some good habits. On the night of August 4th Logan was in for a big surprise when he was not picked up and cuddled back to sleep...he was actually furious...so furious that he learned very quickly to roll over. He also learned that he LOVES to sleep on his belly! Now when I put him in his crib to sleep he rolls over immediately, wiggles his bum around, gets comfy, sticks his fingers in his mouth, and falls asleep! He also spends the majority of the day on his belly since I can hardly keep him on his back any more.
I love watching this kid develop new skills.
 
 




The 1st Swim

 
The first swim was 100% a success! YES!!! These are huge moments for me to watch Logan embrace my all time favorite sport. He was such a natural and loved every minute of pool time. There may have even been a slight disappointment when it came time to get out. The good news is his swim shorts will probably fit him for the first year of life! My only concern for the big first swim was that his swim suit would come right off!


Loved floating on his belly!

and playing with toys...
 



 


2 comments:

  1. I'm officially in love with Logan! What a stinkin CUTIE! I want to nephewnap him (like kidnap but with the intent to return him :) Logan- thank you for not disappointing your mom and all your aunties. You do look like a natural in the water...and with a football. I can't wait to see you guys again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that tummy time is sure to strengthen all those swimming muscles. Oh, Logan... why do you have to be so perfectly adorable? Makes me want to get in the car and drive to Idaho right now.

    ReplyDelete