Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Oh What Do You Do in the Summer Time?...

Cedar City, Utah

The Swallow Family Reunion

 
Logan became quite the traveler in July. From Washington to Southern Utah this kid is learning how much fun he can have in a car seat as well as how exciting it is to eat in the car, sleep in the car, play in the car, and especially the joy of getting out of the car!
This year's Swallow Reunion was held near Cedar Breaks National Park (just 12 miles from Cedar City). I have never been to this beautiful park (if I have I don't remember it) and WOW! it is truely a unique part of the world.
I absolutely love Logan's face in this picture!
Grandpa Swallow flew in from Lewiston, Idaho to join us at the reunion. It was such a treat to have him there. He fell in love with Logan and I was always touched when he would ask me if he could hold him for a few minutes and would tell me how much he loves the name Logan...Logan Blaine (one of the "Blaine" grandpas Logan was named after was G. Swallow). We don't usually get to spend much time with Grandpa Swallow so this was a trip to cherish. 
I saddly don't have much to report on for this reunion. Besides a short hike and painting rocks with the kids I spent the rest of my time feeding and putting Logan down for naps or bed...The life of a new mother...I am still trying to adjust. Trent was able to go repelling and enjoyed playing baseball with his nephews who idolize him since he plays baseball too.

 

Meeting Brock and Ziyah...Cousin Time

Before going to Cedar City we stopped in Kamas for a little Lambert family and Fiesta days time. I always love going "home." Overwhelming peace fills my heart each time I enter the Kamas Valley. I am not sure how many more years I can handle living 6 hours away. I definately need more Kamas therapy time.
I don't know how we let Brock leave Kamas without getting a picture of him! A cousin photo shoot will be a top priority when these cute 2013 babies are together again!
 
 
 

 no matter what I do the pictures upload upside down :)
Logan definately had to check out cousin Ziyah's hair! Such a cute moment.
 
We broke up our drive to Cedar with one more stop in Centerfield to visit the Hatchs!
Yahoo! I am loving this family time!

2 comments:

  1. yes- how did we not get a picture of Logan and his new little buddy Brock?? Beautiful pics in Cedar:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an adventurous first summer for Logan. We loved our sleepover with Logan. Can't wait to play again.

    ReplyDelete