Logan's 1st Christmas...
I was super nervous about Christmas this year now that we have a very curious, mobile, active baby who tries to eat anything he can find. Even without all the holiday décor I have been going crazy trying to keep up with this kid who has been on a mission this month to destroy the house! On the other hand our kitchen floor has never been cleaner...and that's not just because I am sweeping more; Logan does a great job picking up and eating every little crumb! He is likely preparing his germ-a-phobe mom for the day he eats dirt...or heaven forbid something worse (putting his hands in the toilet is also a new activity)! Anyway I debated for a long time if we really wanted to get a tree this year. Would it be more of a stress than an enjoyment? Time would tell. We settled for a beautiful little tree (at least if it was pulled down it wouldn't completely crush Logan, right?) and after Logan was in bed Trent and I enjoyed decorating it with a football game on in the background (not my preference for creating the Christmasy feel, but some boys just can't survive without sports).


The next morning we bought Logan out to see the tree all lit up. I had the video camera rolling because I thought for sure he would ooh and ahh over it, but he didn't. As the morning progressed I was sure he would go try to take the ornaments off, but he didn't. When we turned the lights on in the evening I was positive he would go pull on them, but he didn't! In fact during the entire month of December Logan showed minimal interest in the green furry tree covered with toys and lights! I was in shock. The only minor frustration I experienced was on the day I took the tree down. All of the pine needles were falling off in clumps and Logan felt the need to try to eat all of them. I learned that pine needles are tricky little objects to remove from an unwilling mouth.
The New Cut...
Logan's second haircut of his life was a hit...only because he got his first taste of a sucker while Trent cut his hair. He seemed to enjoy all the attention we gave him after since we confirmed he is the cutest kid in the state of Idaho (as not to create competition with my cute nieces and nephews in Utah we will just keep this an Idaho thing). I just couldn't control myself with the camera after his new cut...
that hair cut makes him look like a little boy! he's not a baby anymore! what a great first word too:) love it.
ReplyDelete