Saturday, November 9, 2013

The 8th Month

Taking My Parents on Vacation


 My parents have been so good to me the past eight months. Mom takes care of me all night and all day. Dad works hard to buy my favorite foods, toys, books, and diapers. I have been blessed with some really great parents! I decided that it is time for me to treat them to a few vacations. It isn't easy to convince mom that a break in the routine is ok, but in all honesty that is just what this family needs!
 


 
Our first trip was only a half vacation to eastern Idaho. Dad had five buses to deliver and needed my help. I drove the Camry with mom behind the bus and gave dad a ride once he dropped the bus off. We went to a beautiful place called Mackay. This was a nice trip, but I didn't really get to spend the quality time I was hoping for with Dad since he was always driving the buses.
sooooo...we went on another trip!
I decided that what my parents and I really need is a little rest, recovery, and relaxation...
 
Hot Springs anyone?!
Yup! This was just what we needed!



This is the life!
Mountains, warm water, and Dad...what could be better?...

 Fresh air, sunshine, trees, and mom!
My parent's loved the Burgdorff Hot Springs.
 

After leaving the hot springs I decided to give my parents some quiet time together. They snapped these pictures while I slept in the car...I am one lucky boy! 




 
 When I woke up we had arrived at Payette Lake in McCall.
 I took mom on this slide and it was obviously a little frightening for her. I had to hold her hands the whole way and stay calm for her!
I loved playing in the sand!
and the best part of this trip...quality time with Dad! He tells the BEST stories.

 

 A Visit with Grandma and Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa Swallow came to Idaho to go fishing. I loved showing off my new army crawl, sitting, and eating skills!

 

 A Few of My Favorite Things:

 This is my favorite swing at the park!
 I Love Bath time and starring at myself in the mirror after bath time
This is Daddy's hat from Spain...I love it! 
Mom takes me running with her friend three times every week...I LOVE it!

2 comments:

  1. Logan- 2/3rds a year old! I can't blame you for starring in the mirror at yourself after bath time. You are one handsome hunk. Love the beautiful scenery. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan will you please teach your cousins Jack and Brock to do something like that for their mommy? She needs a vacation too! You're parents are so luck:)

    ReplyDelete