Thursday, April 4, 2013

Adventures with Logan

The 1st Month

 


 
During the first month of life we have learned that Logan excels in five main categories: Eating, burping, sleeping, pooping, and melting his parent's hearts.
1. Eating- Logan eats on average 10 times in a 24 hour period! If his second favorite thing to do wasn't sleeping, he would probably eat 24/7!
 
2. Burping - After chowing down on mom's milk Logan usually always expresses his satisfaction with a nice loud belch! Trent is known as the "Burp Master" (only because I "prime the pump" with a few special pats just before handing Logan over to his dad).
 
3. Sleeping - Like most babies, Logan loves to sleep! But he is not a quiet sleeper. Logan is a grunter. All night long we get to listen to our little man tell  us story after story with his grunts, moans, sighs, and short outbursts of crying. It is hard to complain about this little habit because he makes up for it with his snuggles. Logan loves to cuddle up and will sleep quietly if he is resting on one of our chests.
 
4. Pooping - This is the subject of great excitement in the Swallownest. Prior to ever changing Logan's diaper I knew that you should always consider a baby boy "armed and dangerous" because little boys tend to pee everywhere when the diaper is removed. I was in for a big surprise when the "armed and dangerous" side of Logan was not the pee but the poop!
One of our first nights home I was up in the middle of the night for what I thought would be a routine feeding and diaper change, but Logan had a special surprise for mommy. I had Logan on our bed, the lights were very dim, and I was in my new white, fuzzy robe. I opened Logan's diaper and sure enough it was a big poopy mess. I got him all cleaned up and did the final leg lift to slide the new diaper underneath his little bum. As I lifted him there must have been a huge release of pressure because before I knew it projectile poop was coming my way with such force that even if I had cat like reflexes there was no blocking it. Luckily (I think it was luck anyway) his bum was perfectly aligned with my robe sleeve and the majority of the poop flew through the air right up my sleeve!
 
Trent has also experienced the wrath of our little man's bowels. While taking family pictures with Trent's sister Lyndi we had Logan out of his diaper for some naked baby pictures. I should have known we were in for an attack because Logan hadn't had a bowel movement all afternoon. Trent was holding Logan (as pictured below) when something was ignited within Logan and his cannon exploded! ALL OVER TRENT! and all over the wall and just a little bit on mommy! Lyndi and I were laughing so hard leaving Trent standing helpless, covered from top to bottom in runny, orange diarrhea! Logan must have known he had made a mess because he then attempted to rinse his daddy off with warm yellow pee!!! I think this was Trent's official induction into Fatherhood! Once Lyndi and I got our emotions under control we teamed up to clean the baby, the floor, the wall, and of course Trent.
 
 
 
5. Heart Melting Moments - From bath time to bed time to tummy time, Logan knows how to melt our hearts! We love having this sweet little boy in our home. I have learned that being a full time mom is not easy. I no longer work an eight hour shift five days a week with pay and benefits, but I work a 24 hour shift 7 days a week with no pay. However motherhood IS a position with millions of benefits that make every sleepless night and every restless day worth it!

 

3 comments:

  1. Who would have thought that a tiny little boy could be so explosive. Way to go kid! You make Aunt Bec proud.
    Cousin Emily just climbed up on my lap and stated the obvious, "baby, awww cute!" If it weren't for the boogers flowing freely out of Em's nose and eyes we would leave right now to meet this little guy. It's killing me. He melts my heart too, even 7 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Logan definitely has surpassed Jack's poop stories! I couldn't stop laughing when seeing those pics of he and Trent. Priceless.
    It's killing me as well that I haven't had a snuggle with him yet. Seeing his precious face in those pics makes me want to leave right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful what parenthood does to us and for us? Keep it up little Logan, you are perfecting your parents in a way that only a baby can!

    ReplyDelete