Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Swallownest Adventures

 
Although Trent and I share many great adventures together, I have always thought that posting them on a blog would likely leave most family and friends board. However, now that we have a little swallow on the way the adventures are about to become a little more interesting, not to mention cute and so it seems to be a goot time to begin sharing the Swallownest adventures!

 

  Gummy

In July 2012 we received the greatest news of the year...I was nearly five weeks pregnant! The result of the test almost seemed unreal for me. We had been through an 18 month rollercoaster beginning with a miscarriage and a subsequent period of infertility. This became the most trying time of my life. I didn't know it was possible to cry so much and feel such a profound void in my heart as I longed to be a mother. After a freash start with a new doctor and new fertility medication we quickly became pregnant! Although it would be easy to attibute the pregnancy to medicine alone, I know that there was divine intervention from our loving and all knowing Heavenly Father. Looking back on the past two years I am able to see more clearly the role this trial has played in my life. I have come to KNOW in ways I have never known before that our Savior, Jesus Christ lives, loves me, knows me, has comforted me, and has a special plan for me and my family. I wouldn't trade this witness for anything-not even the removal of the trial all together.
My first trimester was filled with the "classic" pregnancy symptoms: nausea (but no vomiting luckily), exhaustion, insomnia, crazy dreams, lack of appitite, emotional, etc. Each time I voiced my complaints Trent would say with enthusiasm and a huge smile on his face, "Isn't this great! You're pregnant!" Even though I rolled my eyes many times at his optimism, I did think, 'Yes! this is great! I am pregnant-just what we wanted and prayed for! I really can't complain.' Humor and optimism became the best medicine for the rough times in the first trimester...thanks to my sweet husband.
 
 
After our first ultra sound we decided our little baby looked just like a gummy bear and since we didn't know its gender yet and it was hard calling our baby "It" we decided to name "It" Gummy. 
 
The second trimester has brought relief from nearly all symptoms. It has also brought some very exciting moments! I began feeling movement around week 16. It felt like popcorn popping! I loved it! At 20 weeks I felt the first BIG kick! Trent was able to feel it too which made me so happy. He has been the bestest, cutest, father to be I could ask for and I wanted him to share in the joy of feeling the baby move.
At 19 weeks we had our BIG ultra sound to find out gender and have a little photo shoot.
 
 Gummy with his foot in his mouth...
let's hope it is not a sign of things to come!
 

 
...and the view this kid was not shy about...Gummy is a BOY!!!
 
We were so excited to learn we will be having a BOY! Neither of us had a preference between boy or girl, but secretly I think we were both hoping for a boy. When the ultra sound technologist showed us the monitor and announced it was a boy it wasn't long before Trent said, "It's time to go buy a baseball bat!" He will make a great Dad!
As the weeks have gone by I have learned Gummy has a little "workout" routine. He starts out with a warm up by wiggling around. He then moves into some intense kick boxing with lots of powerhouse kicks to my sides (his favorite side to kick is my right side). He finishes with a few light punches and kicks. Sometimes this little routine can last several hours! This is one active little boy...ready or not here he comes!!!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. thanks a lot. I am sobbing!! But its tears of happiness. Thank you for sharing your testimony. You are amazing kate. I'm so excited you have a blog:) and I'm more excited to see my nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This is so much fun to read. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing Gummy grow and meeting him soon! Love you all so much! -jAmiE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would read any blog of yours with or without gummy but the prospects of a new nephew on the way will make it that much more entertaining and exciting. He will be worth the long and hard wait and is one lucky little man to be coming to the Swallow Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I am so excited that you are sharing with us. I love your sweet message and look forward to more news on the Swallownest Adventures. Love you, Trent and little Gummy

    ReplyDelete