Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Oh What Do You Do in the Summer Time?...

Boise, Idaho

 
For Labor Day this year we made the 20 minute drive into Boise to enjoy some inter-city paddle boating. Logan loved starring down at the water and tried to take his turn steering us around the pond. 
 Logan is a finger sucker...officially! No more Binky...just fingers.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

While He is Sleeping...

Logan's nap times have become my productive time. Cooking, cleaning, organizing, studying, showering, crafting, and canning. I have almost made a game out of it...how much can I get done during this nap? I definitely have my parent's blood because I LOVE getting things DONE and crossed off the never ending list!!!
 
 My spring wreath took me an embarrassing amount of time to complete. I just couldn't figure out how to make nice looking flowers. Once I figured it out I became quite efficient at making at least two during nap time. Once the flowers were completed I "temporarily" attached them to the yarn wreath with long pins...then I got to thinking there is no need to glue them on, the pins work great!...then I got to thinking I could make a fall wreath too and use the same brown base wreath! This was a great solution to my desire to make many more wreaths because of the million cute ideas out on the Internet.
...and so the next few naps produced this.
 
I have three records to break in the coming weeks of naps:
13 Jars of tomatoes canned in just two naps of 45 min each (not counting cook time)
12 Jars of peaches canned in one nap of 1 hour 30 min with the kitchen all cleaned.
7 bags of zucchini shredded and frozen in one 45 min nap.
On your mark...get set...go!
Loving our garden!
 

3 comments:

  1. In the goofy picture of all 3 of you, I think Logan is thinking, "my parents are officially wack-o's. how am i going to survive the next 18 years." Haha! Just tell him, auntie Bec will keep him sane.
    And wow Kate! Can I hire you to do some of the things on my list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to hire you as well please! Double WOW from us. Love you wreaths. You three make a super cute family:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...I have been SOOOO busy in my kitchen I am just getting to view your blog entry a month later!. Way to go on the canning. It definitely is a juggling act with naps, etc. Love what you do as a Mom :)

    ReplyDelete